1. Add value for prospects and customers. Blog posts that include how-to information or provide insightful opinions about your industry serve your audience, create goodwill for your company, and move you away from just selling.
2. Create credibility for your business. If your blog posts are well-written, well-researched, documented and informative, you will gain credibility in your industry and from customers and prospects.
3. Increase “shareability” of your marketing messages. Blogs are designed to allow readers to comment and to share posts on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. This facilitates word of mouth marketing and expands your marketing reach.
4. Keep content on your website fresh and dynamic. Search engines rank website content in part based on how current and new the content is. Frequent blogging – posting of short opinions with lively graphics – keep your site fresh and performing well in search results.
5. Engage with customers, prospects, partners. When your customers and prospects get engaged by commenting on your blog and sharing your information, they are engaging with your company and your brand. Engagement increases customer intimacy.
6. Position you as a thought leader. Once you commit to blogging, you will be forced to find great topics to write about. By writing about trending topics, you are in touch with the pulse of your industry. You can also observe which blog topics that get the most attention – adding to your market research and intelligence.
7. Immediately reach your target audiences. Your blog is a way to respond immediately to issues about your or a competitor’s products or services or important happenings in your community or industry. Within minutes on your blog you can publish a statement and have it broadcast through social media to communicate to your audiences.
8. Crowdsource market research. Instead of or in addition to expensive market research such as focus groups, you can use your blog and social media to get feedback and opinions.
9. Publish information cost-effectively. Blogs are designed for the non-graphic designer, non-programmer to quickly get content published online. They are a very cost-effective way to communicate your marketing messages.
10. Increase content creation for your company. Today shareable content is king. A blog can be the impetus to create marketing content that can be re-purposed into videos, presentations, eBooks, whitepapers and more.
11. Improve performance on search engine results. By blogging about your products and services with the right keywords and phrases in your headlines, image alt tags, blog post URLs, and page content, you can increase your ability to show up high when someone searches for the same terms.
12. Increase inbound links to your site. When you blog and your audience shares your content by linking to it, you increase quality links to your website. The key here is that these are genuine links – not artificial links that some SEO companies contrived to trick the search engines.
What other benefits have you received from your B2B blog? Please comment below.
Do you need help planning, setting up or writing your blog? New Incite provides outsource blog services and consulting – contact us today for more information.