When it comes to your marketing, sometimes it’s important to stop doing what you’ve been doing. And start some new things. In the book Good to Great, Jim Collins says that great leaders are disciplined – they not only have a to-do list, but they also have a stop-doing list. Here are some marketing things to stop doing and some you should start.
What Marketing Things You Should Stop Doing
(Because doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.)
- Stop anything that doesn’t yield results.
- Stop pay-per-click ads – your money could be better used elsewhere.
- Stop paying for SEO (search engine optimization). Spend it on content.
- Stop using proprietary platforms and technology for your website.
- Stop running those ads/attending trade shows just because you always have.
What Marketing Things to Start Doing
- Start understanding your customers – create marketing personas and use them.
- Start tracking engagement of prospects and customers.
- Start tracking conversions of prospects-to-customers.
- Start becoming a part of the social media conversation.
- Start creating great content, including a company blog and videos.
What’s on your marketing do and don’t lists?